Top 25 edWebinars of 2020
This year, more than ever, the pandemic has shown how committed, innovative, and resilient educators are in teaching and supporting their students, and has shown how much more work is needed to provide all students with an equitable education and opportunity in life. Thank you to everyone who has presented, attended, and sponsored on edWeb this year, and for your engagement in our global community – now 1 million strong.
When classroom learning moved online in March due to COVID-19, we saw an incredible increase in educators coming to edWeb to view edWebinars, and attendance has remained high since. In 2020, our edWebinars have had over 1,300,000 live and on-demand views—nearly triple the number of 2019. While certain topics have remained popular, we’ve seen changes this year due to the impact of the pandemic. Topics on COVID-19, distance learning, and mental health make up 12 of our top 25 spots.
If you get some downtime over the holidays, it’s a great time to catch up on some of the most viewed edWebinars of 2020. This year we’ve hosted 340 edWebinars. Our programs covered a wide range of timely topics for early childhood educators, librarians, teachers, and administrators.
Our #1 program of the year, Happy and Calm: The Best Tools for Mindfulness Now, has had over 14,500 live and on-demand views. The 25 programs below have had over 246,000 views. You can click on the links and watch the recordings any time, on any device.
- Happy and Calm: The Best Tools for Mindfulness Now
- STEM for Little Sprouts: Connecting Science Through Children’s Literature
- Building Students’ Social-Emotional Strength Through Literacy
- A Play-Based Approach to Emergent Curriculum and School Readiness
- How to Create a Joyful Virtual Classroom Community
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) at a Distance
- Facilitating Young Children’s Learning with Nature
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic: Considerations for Early Childhood Professionals
- Teaching Systematic and Differentiated Word Study During Guided Reading
- How to Practically Implement the 6 Keys to Early Childhood Reading
- Self-Care for Educators in the Time of COVID-19 (and Beyond)
- Supporting Students with IEPs During eLearning Days
- Combining Powers: How Educators and Families Can Prepare Students for Kindergarten
- Changing a Child’s Behavior Starts with Changing Adult Behavior: The Power of Classroom Management
- Happy and Healthy at Home: Student Mental Health and Distance Learning
- Don’t Look Away: Embracing Anti-Bias Classrooms
- 3 Big Ideas for Implementing Effective Social and Emotional Learning Strategies
- How to Build a Partnership with Parents and Families as They Lead Education in the Home
- Building Foundations in Reading, Sounds, and Text
- Setting the Stage for Early Literacy
- Tier 1 Social, Emotional and Behavioral Supports to Restart Learning During a Crisis
- Catching Happiness: How to Work Through Burnout and Be a Joy-Filled Teacher
- Safeguarding Back to School: Principles to Guide a Healthy Opening to Classrooms During COVID-19
- Comorbid Disorders and Useful Intervention Techniques for Children with Autism
- Special Education: What COVID-19 Has Taught Us and How We Can Take Lessons Learned Into Re-Entry
Many thanks to all of our edWeb partners and sponsors, and special thanks to the sponsors of our top 25 programs: Kaplan Early Learning Company, Frog Street Press, Norton Books in Education, Gryphon House, Scholastic Classroom Magazines, The Friday Institute for Educational Innovation at NC State University, Scholastic Education, Learning Dynamics, Solution Tree, SETDA, Learning Without Tears, Gaggle, HMH International Center for Leadership in Education, Learning Ally, Scholastic Education, FastBridge, Free Spirit Publishing, Digital Promise, Monarch Center for Autism, and STAR Autism Support.
You can search and view all of the more than 2,155 edWebinar recordings in our archives. As an edWeb member, you can track all of your edWebinar activity on your edWeb homepage and download personalized CE certificates. Learn more about approval in your state on our state map.
Visit our calendar to sign up for edWebinars coming up in 2021.
Have a safe and happy holiday!
The edWeb Team