edWeb.net is a professional social and learning network that makes it easy for anyone in the education community to connect with peers, share information and best practices, spread innovative ideas, and provide professional development.
edWeb provides an easy and intuitive Web 2.0 platform that includes blogs, discussions, file-sharing, shared calendars, wikis, live chat, messaging, polling, and shared links. Communities (groups) can be created and linked for closer collaboration.
- Teachers and administrators can share best practices, information on what’s working, and support each other across schools, districts, states, the country, and even around the world.
- Schools and districts can create professional learning communities and practice groups, improve teacher and principal quality and technology skills, and provide mentoring and support.
- Colleges can use edWeb to support their teacher education programs and to stay connected to cohorts of new teachers as they move on to their teaching positions and begin their careers. Faculty in any department can use edWeb to connect with peers anywhere in the world.
- Associations, legislators, and community leaders can discuss research, policies, regulations, and guidelines to break down the silos that exist at all levels of education, and to draw in a wider group of stakeholders.
- Education companies can connect with educators to get feedback on products and services, to discuss the educational materials that are needed to improve education, and to provide continuous, online professional development.
edWeb welcomes all professionals in education and creates a new communication channel for educators, associations, legislators, community leaders, and companies to break down traditional barriers to communication and promote broader collaboration.
edWeb is free for professionals in education and for educational institutions. Education companies are invited to join as sponsors.
For more information, contact us at 800-575-6015 ext 100 or email us at email@example.com.