Join live or receive a link to the recording and earn a CE certificate
- This event has passed.
Catching Happiness: How to Work Through Burnout and Be a Joy-Filled Teacher
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Presented by Justin Ashley, Award-Winning Teacher, Motivational Speaker, and Author
Sponsored by Free Spirit Publishing
Get a CE Certificate for this edWebinar Learn more
Thousands of teacher workshops are geared toward career topics like academic rigor, positive behavior management techniques, and engaging instructional practices. Most have one thing in common—they’re about making you a better teacher. Yet few help you live a better life or improve your physical and emotional well-being.
In this edWebinar, award-winning teacher, motivational speaker, and author Justin Ashley addresses the whole teacher: You and your bank account. Your health. Your social network. How can you be a better teacher . . . and a better parent, spouse, and friend?
Discover a revolutionary, holistic approach to living the teacher life. Learn how to:
- Catch happiness in every domain—social, career, physical/emotional, and financial
- Counteract burnout, reduce anxiety, and skillfully navigate through seasons of depression
- Set up fun field trips without breaking the bank
- Build and live by a personal creed
- Create and follow a monthly cash flow plan
- Bounce back from failure at work
- Take advantage of exercise opportunities before, during, and after school
- Increase your quantity and quality of sleep, so you can be fully present while you’re awake
- Inject “Purple Cows” into your lessons to make your classroom feel like an academic playground
- Set four “Rising Sun” goals for the next school year
The whatever-it-takes philosophy of teaching is not the only way! If we want to last as educators and truly enjoy the teaching process, we need to succeed in every domain, not just in the classroom.
This recorded edWebinar will be of particular benefit to kindergarten through junior high school teachers and school and district leaders.
About the Presenter
Justin Ashley is an award-winning teacher, motivational speaker, author, and public education advocate from Charlotte, North Carolina, where he began teaching in 2007. He is also a highly sought-after speaker for professional development. He has been an inspirational keynote presenter for thousands of current and future teachers, creating an atmosphere that bounces back and forth between rapt silence and raucous laughter. In 2013, he became the only teacher ever to win both North Carolina History Teacher of the Year and North Carolina Social Studies Teacher of the Year in the same year.
Join the Social-Emotional Learning, Positive Behavior, and Student Achievement community to network with educators, participate in online discussions, receive invitations to upcoming edWebinars, and view recordings of previous programs to earn CE certificates.
Free Spirit is the leading publisher of learning tools that support young people’s social, emotional, and educational needs. We help children and teens think for themselves, overcome challenges, and make a difference in the world.