Last Updated: November 8, 2018
Professionals involved in education or individuals with an interest in education are eligible to join edWeb.net. A professional involved in education includes any individual who is employed by an organization that is involved in education including an educational institution, a library, a non-profit organization, a research organization, a company, an association, a government agency or organization. An individual with an interest in education includes any individual who is a community leader, a parent, a retired educator, an education consultant, a student teacher or intern, a student in a teacher education program, a private teacher, or a tutor. Students who are 18 years of age or older, may use edWeb as part of a course taught by an educator. Students who are under 18 are allowed to watch our webinars as part of a class, but only under the supervision of a teacher, and are not allowed to join edWeb.net or log into any of our live webinars on their own. Use of edWeb.net by anyone else is not permitted. No one under 18 years of age is eligible to become a member of edWeb.net. edWeb.net is not responsible if an individual joins the site who is not eligible. Membership in edWeb.net is void where prohibited.
Terms of Conduct
As a member of edWeb.net, you agree to participate in a professional and constructive manner and post comments and information that are relevant to the communities you join.
- If you join a community that is hosted or sponsored by one or more organizations:
- You agree not to make posts in the community that could be interpreted as solicitations or promotional offers.
- You agree not to post invitations to webinars, events, surveys, research projects, pilot programs, and other similar activities without the permission of edWeb and the host/sponsoring organization.
- edWeb.net reserves the right to remove any post that we determine is not in accordance with this User Agreement.
- edWeb.net reserves the right to remove a member from a community if requested to do so by the community administrator or sponsor.
- Community administrators and sponsors have the right to limit who is allowed to join their community(s) and may remove or ask edWeb to remove anyone who is not an appropriate member of the community. That can include the request to remove individuals from competitive organizations.
- If you work for an organization that is a competitor of a sponsoring organization, you must request permission of the sponsoring organization to join their community.
- You agree that you will not use the search functionality of edWeb.net for the purpose of identifying and directly soliciting members who are not already a personal contact/friend, or a member of a community of which you are the administrator.
- edWeb hosts webinars “edWebinars” that provide free professional learning and provides “Certificates of Completion” that can be used for professional development hours. It is the edWeb member’s responsibility to watch the “edWebinar” in its entirety to earn a “Certificate of Completion.” edWeb has the right to review any member’s activity to ensure compliance with our user agreement. edWeb has the right to provide information to a supervisor who requests additional information about edWeb hours earned in order to verify compliance with our user agreement. edWeb reserves the right to withhold the earning of a certificate if it appears that the member is not complying with this requirement. An edWeb member can submit a form and request that edWeb approve PD hours that may be in question.
edWeb.net provides members with privacy settings to manage who is allowed to contact them. All members of edWeb.net are required to respect the preferences of other members regarding privacy settings, messaging, and connecting. edWeb.net reserves the right to terminate any member who is reported for not following edWeb User Agreement terms.
You agree that you will not use edWeb.net to post, upload, transmit, or communicate in any way any of the following:
- Content that may be inaccurate, slanderous, discriminatory, indecent, profane, threatening, hateful, damaging, or unlawful or any content we determine, at our sole discretion, interferes with the ability of other members of edWeb.net to enjoy, feel secure, and safe using edWeb.net.
- Content that violates privacy rights, copyrights, or trademarks or any third party information of a private, personal nature including, but not limited to phone numbers, email addresses, and home addresses.
- Any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that might interfere with edWeb.net.
You agree that you will not engage in any activities related to your use of edWeb.net to:
- Forge headers or manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through edWeb.net.
- Gather, copy, or extract email addresses for your own purpose or any third party purpose.
- Use automated scripts or any information gathering process to collect any information from the site.
- Use edWeb.net in any way that could damage, impair, or interfere with the operation of the site.
- Use information, content or any data you view on and/or obtain from edWeb.net to provide any service that is competitive, in edWeb’s sole discretion, with edWeb.
- Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying edWeb.net.
- Use edWeb.net in any unlawful manner.
edWeb.net grants you permission to access and use edWeb.net and is free for all individual members who are eligible to join.
You may not download, copy, or modify any information or content on the website except resources that are intended to be shared with you by your colleagues and contacts, and by the communities you are a member of. Your permission to use the site does not include permission for any resale or commercial use of the contents of the site. You may not use edWeb.net for any data mining, information gathering, data compilation, or related purpose. By using the site, you warrant that you will not use the site or its contents for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this User’s Agreement.
There is no charge for any school, college, or state-level or local non-profit organizations that would like to use edWeb.net to create Communities. edWeb.net charges sponsorship fees for other organizations and for-profit companies involved in education, such as national associations, non-profits, and companies, to use edWeb.net to create Communities.
Organizations can create communities on edWeb for the purpose of discussing issues in education, for providing product information and support, for customer training and professional development, for event planning, for internal communications, and for any other purpose that relates to providing educational information, products, or services for the education community.
The organization may invite their own employees, customers, prospects, contacts, and members to join their edWeb.net Communities, but only professionals involved in education or individuals with a professional interest in education are eligible to join. edWeb.net has the right to terminate any member who is not eligible to join the edWeb.net or who does not abide by the User Agreement terms.
Organizations may not directly solicit edWeb members to join other networks or communities that offer similar services to edWeb.net.
For information on sponsorship fees, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree to register for edWeb.net as an individual, not an institution, using your real name and accurate information about yourself. You agree not to impersonate any other person or to misrepresent your affiliations and job responsibilities. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that your information is untrue or inaccurate, we may suspend or terminate your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for all activities that occur under your password. You agree to notify edWeb.net of any unauthorized use of your password or account. You agree to allow edWeb.net to update your email address if edWeb.net receives a change of email notice from you. You agree to let edWeb.net change your password for you if your password is lost.
edWeb.net does not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any content on the site. You are responsible for all content (“content”) that you upload, post, or transmit on edWeb.net. You are responsible for the copyright, accuracy, appropriateness, and legality of the content you provide or transmit via edWeb.net. “Content” includes any posts, text, documents, files, messages, images, audio and video files, and any other information you provide on the site. edWeb.net is not obligated to review content on the site, but has the full right to do so. edWeb.net may delete or remove any content at its sole discretion and without notice.
When you add content to edWeb.net, you give us authorization to make copies necessary to facilitate the posting, display and storage of the content on the site. This is necessary for us to be able to display the content in accordance with the permissions you have established in your edWeb privacy settings. By adding content to edWeb.net, you automatically warrant that you grant to edWeb.net a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, unlimited, assignable, sub licensable, fully paid, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, retain, publish, reformat, delete, translate, excerpt and distribute such content in connection with the operation of edWeb.net.
If your disk space usage exceeds 50 MB or significantly exceeds the average usage of other edWeb members, we reserve the right to disable your account or to remove content to reduce your usage.
Intellectual Property Rights
Members of edWeb.net must respect and follow all laws regarding intellectual property. We prohibit users from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting on edWeb.net any materials that violate another party’s intellectual property rights. To report a suspected violation, please contact us at email@example.com.
Third Party Services and Offers
In connection with your use of edWeb.net, you may take advantage of third party offers, services, or products offered on edWeb.net. Third party offers may include offers by outside parties and offers by other members of edWeb.net who use edWeb tools to upload sponsorship and advertising to their community pages. edWeb.net is not responsible for the performance of any third party on edWeb.net or any edWeb member. The inclusion of third party offers does not imply an affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, approval, investigation, verification or monitoring by edWeb.net. If you decide to leave edWeb.net site and access the site of such third parties, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that the terms and conditions of this User Agreement no longer apply.
Core Engine and Hosting
We have relationships with subcontractors and service providers who assist us in providing edWeb.net service including the core engine, hosting servers, system maintenance and enhancement. These contractors act on our behalf and are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide them. edWeb.net does not own the core platform that powers edWeb.net. The core platform is owned and operated by an authorized subcontractor. In the event a problem arises with the core platform or our subcontractor ceases business operations, edWeb.net shall have no liability in connection with edWeb service interruptions or discontinuance of service.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT EDWEB.NET IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND THAT EDWEB.NET DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROMPT OR PROPER DELIVERY, OR RETENTION OF ANY USER INFORMATION OR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. EDWEB.NET ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN USERS. EDWEB.NET EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
EDWEB.NET MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT EDWEB.NET WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT EDWEB.NET SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USING EDWEB.NET WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH EDWEB.NET WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; THAT ANY ERRORS IN PROGRAMMING WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM EDWEB.NET SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE USER AGREEMENT.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH EDWEB.NET IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL.
EDWEB.NET DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE USERS OF EDWEB.NET SITE; THEREFORE, EDWEB.NET DECLINES ALL LIABILITY FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that edWeb.net and/or edWeb.net LLC shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to: damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if edWeb.net has been advised of the possibility of such damages).
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, edWeb.net and its services (or any part thereof). We shall not be liable to any user or other third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance except as expressly provided herein.
Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, our liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
Governing Law and Arbitration
The User Agreement between you and edWeb.net will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to conflict of law principles.
Any dispute regarding edWeb.net shall be settled by arbitration in Princeton, New Jersey, in accordance with the rules for commercial arbitration of the American Arbitration Association in effect at the time such arbitration is initiated and subject further to the provisions of the New Jersey Arbitration Act. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding upon all parties. The prevailing party shall be awarded all the filing fees and related administrative costs. Administrative and other costs of enforcing the arbitration award, including the costs of subpoenas, depositions, transcripts and the like, witness fees, payment of reasonable attorneys’ fees, and similar costs related to collecting an arbitrator’s award, will be added to, and become a part of, the amount due pursuant to this Agreement and/or the arbitrator’s award.
The User Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and edWeb.net and governs your use of edWeb.net, superseding any prior agreements between you and edWeb.net. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to make periodic changes to the User Agreement that may include additions, changes, or deletions. You are responsible for checking the site to determine if changes have been made. We will include the date of the last revision at the beginning of the document. When you continue to use edWeb.net, you provide your continued acceptance of the User Agreement.
By registering for edWeb.net, you give your consent for edWeb.net to contact you via email to provide information regarding your membership and edWeb.net. You agree to receive email notifications that are specific to your account and necessary for the normal functioning of edWeb.net. You agree to have your name and/or email address listed in the header of notifications that you initiate through edWeb.net. You can manage the delivery of notifications in your edWeb settings.
edWeb LLC Trademarks
You may contact edWeb.net by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mailing address is PO Box 1387, Princeton, NJ 08542.