- Accessing edWebinar Recordings
- Joining edWeb
- Viewing edWebinars
- Where can I find information on upcoming edWebinars?
- What do I need to do to join an edWebinar?
- Can we watch edWebinars as a group?
- Can I watch an edWebinar from an iPad or mobile device?
- The recording says “Loading…” – what does this mean?
- I am unable to attend the live edWebinar, will it be recorded?
- What should I do if I am experiencing problems viewing the recording?
- In what time zone are edWeb webinars listed?
- CE Certificates
- How does my edWebinar Transcript page work?
- When will I receive my CE certificate after attending the live edWebinar?
- How do I get a CE certificate after I watch the recording?
- What is an edWeb CE certificate worth?
- How do the Professional Learning Plans work?
- Are edWeb CE certificates accepted by my state?
- Manage Your Settings
- What do I do if I lost my password?
- How do I change my password?
- How do I change my picture?
- How do I change my email address or phone number?
- How do I unsubscribe or change my email preferences?
- How do I leave a community?
- How do I cancel my membership?
- How do I add another member as a colleague?
- How do I send private messages to another member?
If you do not see your question here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I view an edWebinar recording and earn a certificate?
All of our edWebinars are recorded and archived on edWeb. You must view the entire edWebinar to earn your CE certificate. After you view the recording for an edWebinar, your viewing minutes and CE certificate will be added to your transcript by the end of the following business day.
All of our edWebinars are hosted by free professional learning communities on edWeb. To access the recordings, slides, discussions and resources on the topic, you can join the community that hosted the edWebinar. Past edWebinars will be located in the edWebinar Archives folder of the Community Toolbox.
How do I sign up for edWeb?
To join edWeb visit our Signup Page and create a free account.
- Join edWeb to get information about upcoming edWebinars emailed to you.
- View a calendar of upcoming edWebinars here. Hover over and click on each event for more information, including a registration link. All of our edWebinars are listed in U.S. Eastern Time.
- If you’re on Twitter, follow @edwebnet to get reminders and registration links for all of the edWebinars we offer!
What do I need to do to join an edWebinar?
For the best experience, the requirements for edWebinar attendees to join the live session include: having a wired or high speed wireless Broadband Internet Connection; having a Personal Computer using Windows or Mac operating system, Android Tablet, or iPad Tablet; having the latest version of Adobe Flash installed on your device; and having a microphone and speakers or headset/earbuds with microphone. Additionally you should close any unnecessary applications and any that use bandwidth, such as Skype and Email. You can test your system for best quality.
To join an edWebinar, click one of the green buttons (“Join Webinar Online” or “Join Webinar by Phone Only”) on the email invitation you received if you have pre-registered. Optionally, you can dial in by calling 415-200-1362 and entering PIN: 6598567#. If you are joining the edWebinar by computer, the edWebinar will open via your web browser and you will be prompted to enter your full name, email address and location. To enter the edWebinar, click the green “Join the Meeting” button.
Can we watch edWebinars as a group?
Many of our members like to watch edWebinars in groups. If you have a group of teachers that would like to watch an edWebinar together, we encourage that! The person who logs in for the edWebinar that day will receive an email with a blank CE certificate within 24 hours of the live event. They can make copies of that certificate, and the rest of the group can fill in their names. If the group would like CE certificates personalized with their names from edWeb, they must contact email@example.com for a Group Viewing form.
Can I watch an edWebinar from an iPad or mobile device?
You can see and hear the edWebinar if you are using an iPhone, iPad, Surface Pro 3, or Android-based tablet with the AnyMeeting app installed; otherwise you may listen only. The AnyMeeting app can be found in the App Store or Google Play Store and is shown with a green AnyMeeting icon.
In the event that you are watching an edWebinar in a school utilizing the school’s WiFi network, your audio may be blocked. In that case, please connect via cellular data on your iPad, or use your cellular phone for your audio. When you login, you are given the option to join by phone. Also, you have the option to switch your audio to phone from your iPad microphone after you have joined.
If you are behind a firewall or a proxy server, please provide your network administrator or IT Dept. with the following information: AnyMeeting uses ports 443 and 1935. Allow inbound and outbound UDP traffic on these ports and set the DNS to allow anymeeting.com.
The recording says “Loading…” – what does this mean?
If you are seeing “Loading…” or “Connecting…” when trying to view a recording, this could mean that you do not have Flash player installed on your computer. View this link to check if you have the latest version. If not, follow the steps to download and install. If you do not want to download Flash, enable Adobe Flash Player for use in the Google Chrome web browser. There may also be a Firewall preventing access to the site. If you are viewing from school, perhaps try viewing from your home. If you are viewing from a public network, such as a library, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am unable to attend the live edWebinar, will it be recorded?
If you register for an edWebinar, you will receive an email containing a link to the recording within one business day following the conclusion of the edWebinar.
Additionally, all of our edWebinars are recorded and archived on edWeb. You can access recordings five different ways:
- If you register for a live edWebinar, the link to the recording will be emailed to you within one business day following the conclusion of the live event.
- If you register for an edWebinar or participated in the live event/viewed the recording at all, that edWebinar will appear on your edWebinar transcript within two business days.
- Find the edWebinar on our calendar, click on the event page, and click on the blue “Watch the edWebinar recording” button.
- Join the community that hosted the edWebinar. Past edWebinars will be located in the edWebinar Archives folder of the Community Toolbox.
- Search for edWebinar recordings by logging into your edWeb account and using the Browse edWebinars feature in the blue menu bar at the top of the page.
What should I do if I am experiencing problems viewing the recording?
There are many things you can try if you are having audio and video issues when trying to watch a recording. If you are watching at school or work, try watching from home as there may be a Firewall issue. If you are on a wireless network, try viewing from a location with a hardwired broadband connection. You can try refreshing your browser or changing to a different web browser. If you continue to have trouble viewing the recording, contact us at email@example.com.
In what time zone are edWeb webinars listed?
All of our edWebinars are presented in U.S. Eastern Time. There are many world clock converters online that can help you find out when the live edWebinar will be held in your time zone.
- It takes up to 2 full business days for viewing data and quiz scores to be uploaded to our database.
- We have to have a record of you viewing a webinar for 40 minutes or more by attending live or viewing a recording.
- If your minutes are tracked on your transcript, you do not need to take a quiz (unless it is required by your state or local supervisor).
- Make sure your member profile includes any email addresses or phone numbers you use to participate in edWebinars. Update your profile here.
When will I receive my CE certificate after attending the live edWebinar?
It will take up to one business day for your blank certificate to arrive in your email after you attend the live session. Whichever email address you log into the edWebinar with is where we will send the certificate. If you do not receive your certificate to your inbox, please check your spam folder.
edWeb members can find their CE certificates on their edWebinar transcript page located on their edWeb profile.
How do I get a CE certificate after I watch the recording?
You must attend or view the entire edWebinar to earn your CE certificate. After you view the recording for an edWebinar, your viewing minutes and CE certificate will be added to your transcript within two business days.
What is an edWeb CE certificate worth?
edWeb CE certificates represent 1 clock hour of continuing education/professional development. You’ll need to check with your state department of education or supervisory organization to see if it is approved for CE credit.
edWeb is an approved PD provider in several states. For more information, check out our state map.
How do Professional Learning Plans work?
On your edWebinar Transcript page you’ll see a column that says “myPD Plan” with a pencil icon next to each record. Click on the pencil if you would like to fill out a Professional Learning Plan for that edWebinar. While Professional Learning Plans are not required to earn a Certificate, they can be used to track goals, reflections, and more. Each Plan can be saved and returned to later. They can also be printed to submit to your school, district, or other organization.
Are edWeb CE certificates accepted by my state?
Many states accept edWeb webinars and CE certificates for professional development hours. Some states require statewide approval, while others require educators to seek approval from their district or local education agency. Please visit our state map to see if edWeb webinars and CE certificates are accepted in your state.
What do I do if I lost my password?
If you lost your password, click on the link that says “Lost your password? Click here” on our Member Login Page. Fill in your email address exactly as it appears on your account. You will then be sent a temporary password, which you may reset upon logging in. Please check your spam folder for this email. Don’t forget to change your password once you are logged in.
How do I change my password?
To change the password on your account, log into edWeb and click on the settings gear that appears under your picture on your home page. Select “Change Password” from the drop-down menu and you will then be given the option to save a new password after typing in your current password. Make sure your password is secure.
How do I change my picture?
To change the picture on your account, log into edWeb and click on the settings gear that appears under your picture on your home page. Select “Update My Picture” from the drop-down menu and you will then be given the option to upload a JPEG file for your picture by browsing for files on your computer.
How do I change my email address?
You can change your email address by clicking on the “Update My Email and Phone Numbers” link in your Personal Toolbox on the left side of your edWeb home page. Be sure to list all the email addresses and phone numbers you’ve used to attend or view edWebinars in the space provided on that page. We need that information to report your activity completely on your edWebinar transcript.
To change community notification settings:
First, log into edWeb and click on the settings gear that appears under your picture on your home page. Select “Change Email Notifications.” You will then be given options to receive immediate notifications for all emails, a daily digest of the emails, a weekly digest of the emails, or you may choose not to receive any email notifications.
To unsubscribe from our general mailing list:
Go to an email sent to you from edWeb. Click on the “Unsubscribe (your email)” link at the very bottom. Please note, once you make this change you will no longer receive blank certificates to your email address. You can still access your certificates from your edWebinar transcript.
Please allow one business day for these changes to take effect.
How do I leave a community?
If you wish to leave a community that you have joined, click on “Quit This Community” under Community Toolbox on the left side of the community home page. Confirm that you want to leave this community and you will no longer be a member.
How do I cancel my membership?
If you wish to cancel your account, click on “My Settings” under Toolbox on your home page and select “Cancel My Membership” on your settings page. Be advised that if you cancel your membership, you will not be able to join again using that same email address.
How do I send private messages to another member?
To send a private message to another edWeb member, simply visit their profile. Under the Personal Toolbox, you will see a link that says “Send a Message to (Person’s Name),” located directly above “Leave Friendship.”
Some members may require you be connected colleagues in order for you to send them a message. Other members may choose to allow no one to send them messages on edWeb and you will not be able to send these members a message.