edWeb Releases 2023 Professional Learning Survey Results
The benefits of virtual professional learning became even more apparent during the pandemic, and continue to provide teachers, administrators, and all staff with more choice and flexibility that makes learning more relevant with better work/life balance.
Key takeaways from edWeb members:
- Webinars are the professional learning activity that helps the most.
- Members most value content that is current and relevant with the flexibility to participate on their own time.
- edWeb helps members acquire information, resources, and knowledge.
- edWeb CE certificates are used by 66% of members for school and district PD hours and by 45% to renew their state teacher’s license.
- edWeb shows an even higher impact on student learning this year with many edWeb members sharing their learning for school-wide impact.
- edWeb continues to get an exceptionally high “Net Promoter Score” of 72 from members, with many comments to help us understand our value and also ways we can continue to improve.
Educators provided nearly 400 comments as part of the survey that provide a deeper understanding of educators’ needs. The comments are overwhelmingly positive and thankful for our free service that provides the kind of high-quality, online professional learning they need and CE certificates for their PD hours: “I truly appreciate all the effort put into providing the PD you provide. I have recommended this site to every certified employee in my district. I especially like the recordings that I can watch at any time and when I sign up for a session I cannot attend.”
Lisa Schmucki, the founder and CEO of edWeb.net, commented, “As we emerge from the crisis stage of the pandemic, the need for quality professional learning and support is greater than ever. There are so many academic, mental health, and staffing challenges. Providing teachers and staff with professional learning that meets their needs and provides better work/life balance has a positive impact for staff and students. Our survey continues to show that edWeb makes a difference with professional learning that is free, accessible, equitable, and sustainable for all staff.”
The survey was conducted in February 2023. It was sent via email to 151,494 edWeb members and received 1,204 replies, with no incentive. The response rate is comparable to past years.
Download the complete 2023 Professional Learning Survey.