Join live or receive a link to the recording and earn a CE certificate
- This event has passed.
8 Things You Can Do for Your Career Right Now…and How the School Library Connection and reVIEWS+ suite can Help!
Wednesday, November 18, 2015 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EST
Wondering how to manage your school library career while still doing a great job for your students, teachers, and learning community? One way is to take advantage of smart opportunities to grow your professional expertise while also building your community of colleagues and your own career visibility. Helping you accomplish all three goals, the new online School Library Connection (SLC) provides not only an extensive learning resource center for school library professionals but also opportunities for you to share your own knowledge.
This webinar explored the newly launched School Library Connection and learn how it can help you enhance your all-important “professional equity” – the primary component critical to building a resilient school librarian career.
Recommended for school librarians at all levels, this live, interactive event will help you:
- Understand professional equity is, and how to increase yours.
- Discover resources such as videos, workshops, columns, and articles to help you deliver cutting-edge support for your students, teachers, and administration.
- Find the information you need to grow your professional expertise (and career opportunities) in the two core areas vital to career growth: organization and management and instructional leadership.
- Position yourself as an information “key resource” within your school environment through the School Library Connection’s “Library in Context” focus on innovative programs and solutions.
- Learn how to build your career opportunities as effectively as you build great student programs – the best kind of multitasking!
Learn how to expand your career and provide recognized value to your students and learning communities.
Join the SLC @ The Forefront community to participate in online discussions with peers, for invitations to upcoming webinars, to view past webinar recordings, to take a quiz and receive a CE certificate for a past webinar, and for access to more resources.
Kim Dority is the founder and president of Dority & Associates, which provides client-tailored information strategy, online content development, research, writing, and information packaging. In addition, Kim is a coach, writer, and online content developer for various aspects of LIS career development, and she is the author of Rethinking Information Work: A Career Guide for Librarians and Other Information Professionals, 2d ed. (Libraries Unlimited, forthcoming), based on the MLIS course she created and teaches at the University of Denver.
School Library Connection & reVIEWS+ is the breakthrough online suite of professional development and collection development services that addresses the challenges and opportunities in making today’s K–12 school libraries vibrant and vital research and learning environments.