- This event has passed.
From Chaos to Calm: Building a School Family where even the Most Difficult Children become Helpful and Caring
Monday August 22, 2016 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
Presented by Jill Molli, M.Ed., Loving Guidance Associate
Sponsored by Frog Street Press
If you attended the live session, you’ll be emailed a CE certificate within 24 hours of the webinar. If you view the recording and would like a CE certificate, join the Early Childhood Learning Solutions community and go to the Webinar Archives folder to take the CE quiz.
As we head back to school, a positive school climate is a prerequisite for developmentally-appropriate discipline strategies. Children are motivated to behave through healthy relationships or through awards (stars, stickers, point system). Healthy relationships teach children to value each other, while rewards teach children to value material things. After learning the Conscious Discipline® brain model, you will not only be more capable of maintaining self-control yourself but also able to teach it to all children. In this webinar, Jill Molli shared:
- How to build the School Family™ using rituals, literature, activities, and music, and the physical classroom environment.
- How to help challenging children join the School Family™ and develop the motivation and desire to be cooperative.
- The power of the School Family™ to support academic success.
- How to set up jobs for every child in your classroom that enhance self-esteem, learning and cooperation.
- How to transform hurtful interactions into helpful communication skills.
Learn how to create a learning environment where even the most difficult children become helpful and caring. This recorded webinar is designed for PreK through Grade 3 educators and administrators.
Jill Molli, M.Ed., is a Loving Guidance Associate. Jill has the uncanny ability to help people laugh and learn at the same time. Her past position in a Title 1 elementary school offered her opportunities to apply Dr. Bailey’s Conscious Discipline® in a school setting and her own family offers her constant real-life experiences to share with her audiences. Jill was selected as a Loving Guidance Associate because of her no-nonsense ability to get to the heart of a situation and her commitment to living Loving Guidance principles at school and at home. She is an entertaining, motivating and heart-felt presenter.