Join live or receive a link to the recording and earn a CE certificate
- This event has passed.
Suddenly Online: Anytime, Anywhere Learning
Thursday, August 20, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
Presented by Dr. Casey Reason, Author, Speaker, Coach, and Thought Leader, Highpoint Learning
Sponsored by Solution Tree
Get a CE Certificate for this edWebinar Learn more
The goal of this edWebinar is to provide participants with the tools necessary to be prepared to facilitate high levels of learning at a distance. While most of us have been suddenly forced to work in virtual spaces, and we long for a day when we can go back to normal, it’s highly likely that many of the elements of this forced shift will stay with us forever. Let’s learn, grow, and adjust to achieve our best results.
In this edWebinar, viewers will gain an understanding of:
- Key terminology: Define and be able to use and apply the following terms: asynchronous learning, cyber synchronous learning, and blended learning.
- Setting up your space: Understand and begin to synthesize and apply the various approaches to setting up a fully or partially digital learning environment.
- Strong starts: Learn about the key approaches to strong introductions to digital learning as a mechanism for both engaging the learning capacity and setting up a positive class culture.
- Engaging instruction, assessments and interventions: The fundamentals of engaging instruction, assessment, and intervention in a digital learning environment will be introduced and application illustrations will be provided.
- Student connections and class culture: Learn about the potential challenges of student-to-student and student-to-teacher communications and embrace strategies for ensuring a safe, productive and positive digital classroom culture.
This recorded edWebinar will be of interest to K-12 teachers as well as school and district leaders.
About the Presenter
Dr. Casey Reason is a Dan Douglas scholar and the author of eight books with over two decades of experience as a keynote speaker, trainer and innovator in leadership, PLC implementation, and digital learning. He’s been developing, designing, and delivering learning at a distance since 2001 and has many years of experience training those who work at a distance or in blended learning environments. His awards in distance learning include the 2020 Distinguished Online Faculty of the Year recognition by Perdoceo Education, International Distance Education Accrediting Commission Annual Rising Star Award, the Blackboard International Exemplary Digital Course Design of the Year award, and finalist for the Online Educator of the Year with Colorado Tech University. His literary awards include INDIEFAB International Non-Fiction Book of the year and Phi Delta Kappa International Book of the Year. Dr. Reason is a former English teacher and urban high school principal and assistant superintendent. A hiking, wellness, and exercise enthusiast, Dr. Reason lives in Scottsdale, Arizona with his twin sons Brice and Kiah.
Join the Online Learning and Collaboration community to network with educators, participate in online discussions, receive invitations to upcoming edWebinars, and view recordings of previous programs to earn CE certificates.
Since 1998, Solution Tree has worked to empower educators. We share your vision to transform education to ensure learning for all, and we can help you make this vision a reality. No other professional learning company provides our unique blend of research-based, results-driven services that improve learning outcomes for students.