Register for Free edWebinars Below
Join live or receive a link to the recording and earn a CE certificate
- This event has passed.
Engagement by Design: Creating Virtual Learning Environments Where Students Thrive
Wednesday, May 13, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT
Presented by Dr. Doug Fisher, Professor of Educational Leadership, San Diego State University
Sponsored by Achieve3000
Get a CE Certificate for this edWebinar Learn more
Every teacher wants engaged students. No student wants to be bored. So why isn’t every learning environment teeming with discussion and activity centered on the day’s learning expectations?
In this edWebinar, Doug Fisher discusses a framework for making daily improvements in engaging your students, highlighting opportunities that offer the greatest benefit in the least amount of time. Participants will learn how focusing on relationships, clarity, and challenge can make all the difference in forging a real connection with students.
Viewers will learn about:
- How getting to know each student a little better can fundamentally change the classroom dynamics—and how to do that
- What it means to be an “intentionally inviting” teacher, and how it gives you an advantage in creating an environment conducive to learning
- How to bring more clarity to key aspects of your work—and how it can reap substantial rewards for you and your students
- How opening the culture to student voice—listening to students—is linked to academic motivation, and how to use it to shape your day-to-day planning
- The best ways to increase learning for your students, boosting the proportional value of their school year
This recorded edWebinar will be of benefit to all educators of K-12 grade levels.
About the Presenter
Dr. Doug Fisher, Professor of Educational Leadership at San Diego State University, is a member of the California Reading Hall of Fame and is the recipient of an International Reading Association Celebrate Literacy Award, the Farmer Award for excellence in writing from the National Council of Teachers of English, and a Christa McAuliffe Award for excellence in teacher education. He has published numerous articles on improving student achievement, as well as several books. He is a board member of the International Reading Association and a past board member of the Literacy Research Association.
Join the Differentiating Instruction with Educational Technology community to network with educators, participate in online discussions, receive invitations to upcoming edWebinars, and view recordings of previous programs to earn CE certificates.
At Achieve3000®, we believe literacy is the key to unlocking student success. Since 2001, we have partnered with schools and districts to accelerate literacy growth for all students with our flagship PRO platform for differentiated literacy instruction. Now we also offer Smarty Ants® for personalized foundational literacy and Actively Learn™ for secondary curriculum depth. Together, our solutions help all PreK-adult learners increase their college and career readiness and reach their full potential.