Take Charge of Your Learning with edWeb.net
edWeb.net is a professional learning community that brings together the widest collaboration of educators and industry professionals in education to provide free professional learning for educators – anytime, anywhere.
Community-based learning and professional development have been identified as key components to help educators improve teaching and learning. Schools and districts don’t have the time or money to provide teachers with the professional development they need. In particular, educators need support to learn how to use technology – edWeb provides that every day.
edWeb provides a free, open professional learning network for any educator or educational institution to use to share resources and best practices, and work more collaboratively on any project or education initiative.
edWeb harnesses the expertise and support of the widest range of stakeholders and the latest technology to create sustainable online professional learning. We use the power of collaboration to provide high quality PD programs, and to provide those programs for free for all educators – anytime, anywhere.
edWeb hosts professional learning communities and free webinars on topics that can have the most impact on education. This is not traditional one-time “sit and get” PD, but a collaborative, engaging, ongoing experience that online connectivity makes possible. edWeb’s professional learning communities are an ecosystem that provides free live webinars, online discussions, live chats, archived resources, and continuing education certificates.
Comments from edWeb members:
- This is by far the best PLN for educators that I have found!
- edWeb has taught me how to bring today’s learning environment into the classroom and make learning fun.
- You have answered questions I didn’t even know I had!
- This has been one of the best learning experiences for me as an educator ever.
- edWeb has put me in the driver’s seat of my development!
edWeb has built an ongoing, sustainable, and collaborative model to provide free professional development with the support of over 60 partners and supporters.
edWeb.net earned recognition for hosting the most collaborative events for Connected Educator Month in 2014 and won the 2015 SIIA CODiE Award for the Best Collaborative Social Media Solution for Educators.
The impact of edWeb:
- 135,000 members from 175 countries (92% U.S) and growing at an accelerating rate.
- Members are 18% district level, 16% preK-K, 24% elementary, 16% middle/junior high, 16% high school, 10% higher ed.
- Members are 26% administrators, 57% teachers, 15% librarians.
- Over 50% of our members have joined one of our 50+ professional learning communities (PLCs) that we nurture, specifically, on the most impactful topics in education.
- Our PLCs have presented over 725 webinars in the past 5 years. We now host 300+ webinars a year with an average registration of 850 per webinar and average attendance of 350 per webinar.
- edWeb has provided over 100,000 certificates of completion to educators who’ve view our webinars and use this certification for their PD requirements at local and state levels.
More and more, schools are sending their teachers to edWeb for their PD because of the quality, the personalization, the convenience – and it’s free. And because educators love edWeb.