Getting Started with Guided Inquiry
Many educators are recognizing the power of inquiry learning as a means to address the changing needs of learners in the digital age. Guided Inquiry Design is shifting the culture of schools toward a learning-centered approach that addresses students’ need for research, information literacy, authentic critical literacy practice, deep conceptual understandings, and social learning. However, it’s not always easy to know how to begin to make this shift. In this webinar presented by edWeb’s SLC @ the Forefront community, Leslie K. Maniotes, NBCT, M.Ed.,Ph.D., and Senior Consultant at BLV Consulting, shared concrete strategies with attendees to help get them started using Guided Inquiry Design. Leslie discussed programmatic systems, long and short-term planning, and connections and tweaks that teachers can make to their current instructional practice. Join the growing community of educators who are discovering the research-backed practice of Guided Inquiry — and get started by learning some strategies for inquiry that will change and sustain learning in your school.
Earn your CE Certificate for viewing this recording: Join the free SLC @ The Forefront on edWeb.net community and take a quiz to receive a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar. Past webinars, presentation slides, and CE quizzes are available in the Webinar Archives folder of the Community Toolbox.
SLC @ The Forefront is a professional learning community (PLC) here school librarians, district librarians, and school library LMS students can collaborate on all aspects of being a K-12 library media professional. This program is sponsored by Libraries Unlimited and ABC-CLIO.
Follow us on Twitter @edWebnet to learn about upcoming webinars and special events!
Can you please provide the link for a copy of the presentation. Thanks so much.
A copy of the presentation slides is available in the Webinar Archives of the SLC @ The Forefront community. You can take the following steps to find the presentation slides that you need:
1. Log onto edWeb.net.
2. Visit the SLC @ The Forefront community.
3. Click the Join this community link in the upper-right corner of the community home page.
4. Now that you are a member of the community, go back to the community home page.
5. Click the Webinar Archives link under the Community Toolbox on the left side.
6. You will be redirected to a list of folders, one for each webinar that has been hosted by this community.
7. Look for Getting Started with Guided Inquiry at the bottom of the list.
8. You will find the presentation slides and other webinar related materials in that folder.