Department of Education
Can I use edWeb for PD hours in New York?
Yes! edWeb.net is approved by the NYSED Office of Teaching Initiatives for CTLE hours for Professional Classroom Teachers, School Leaders and Level III Teaching Assistants. edWeb.net is on the list of CTLE approved sponsors here. Our Sponsor Identification Number is 23468.
- You must be a member of edWeb.net and be sure your state is indicated as NY. edWeb is free and you can join at www.edWeb.net/join.
- You can track your edWebinar viewing, and take the CTLE Quiz, on your edWebinar transcript page.
- You must pass the CTLE quiz that is posted on your edWebinar transcript page for your hours to be accepted for CTLE credit.
- All edWebinars (live and recorded) that are viewed beginning on our approval date (September 11, 2017) are accepted for CTLE hours.
- Be sure you are registered on the New York TEACH website as NYSED will only accept CTLE hours that have been earned after you register.
- You will need to enter your birthdate on your edWebinar transcript page.
Frequently asked questions
- Why does my CE certificate not have my CTLE information? You must download your CTLE certificate from your edWeb member homepage.
- Why does my CTLE certificate not include my social security number? For privacy reasons, edWeb does not ask for social security numbers and NYSED is not requiring that we provide it.
- Why does my CTLE certificate include my birth month and date, but not my birth year? For privacy reasons, edWeb does not collect birthdate/year and NYSED is not requiring that we provide it.
- When will my CTLE hours be uploaded to NYSED? NYSED is not ready to accept this information yet, and has not given us a date when they will be ready.
- How do I earn credit if I view as part of a group? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with group viewing.
Last updated: March 2020
Though edWeb attempts to maintain accurate and up-to-date information, educators are individually responsible for understanding the submission and approval process of all professional development and licensing work in their state.