Department of Education
edWeb.net is approved for CTLE hours in New York
edWeb.net is approved by the NYSED Office of Teaching Initiatives for CTLE hours for Professional Classroom Teachers, School Leaders and Level III Teaching Assistants. edWeb.net is on the list of CTLE approved sponsors here. Our Sponsor Identification Number is 23468.
- All edWebinars (live and recorded) that are viewed after our approval date (September 11, 2017) are accepted for CTLE hours.
- Be sure you are registered on the New York TEACH website as NYSED will only accept CTLE hours that have been earned after you register.
- You must be a member of edWeb.net so you can download the approved CTLE certificate from your edWebinar activity page. If you’re not already a member join edWeb.net here.
- On your edWeb member homepage, click on the link for your edWebinar activity to learn more about earning CTLE hours with edWeb.net. You will need to enter some additional information there which is required by NYSED.
View edWebinars to earn CTLE hours
edWebinars (live and recorded) can count towards your CTLE hours if viewed after our approval date – September 11, 2017.
- Sign up for live edWebinars on our calendar of upcoming edWebinars.
- Search our edWebinar archives to view edWebinar recordings.
To earn your CTLE certificate we must be able to track your viewing minutes, or if you viewed in a group and we can’t track your minutes, you will need to attest that you viewed the edWebinar and pass the CE quiz for the edWebinar.
You need to download the CTLE certificate from your edWebinar activity page for it to include all the information that NYSED requires.
Frequently asked questions
- Why does my CE certificate not have my CTLE information? You must download your CTLE certificate from your edWeb member homepage.
- Why does my CTLE certificate not include my social security number? For privacy reasons, edWeb does not ask for social security numbers and NYSED is not requiring that we provide it.
- Why does my CTLE certificate include my birth month and date, but not my birth year? For privacy reasons, edWeb does not collect birthdate/year and NYSED is not requiring that we provide it.
- When will my CTLE hours be uploaded to NYSED? NYSED is not ready to accept this information yet, and has not given us a date when they will be ready.
- Can do all of my CTLE hours with edWeb? You need anywhere between 15 and 50 percent of your training in Language Acquisition for English Language Learners, depending on the certificate you hold. edWeb does not currently have sufficient offerings to meet those requirements. You can search for edWeb ELL/ESL Language Acquisition offerings here. Additionally, sometimes employers have requirements and limits on the types of CTLE or professional development you must complete as a condition of your employment or a contractual obligation. You should consider those things and work with your district or employer for guidance.
Get help using edWeb.net
Our video tutorials will help you learn about all the features of edWeb.
Here is a link to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Send us your feedback or contact us for help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other helpful resources for New York educators:
Learn more about Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) Requirements here.
Learn more about ELL/ESL/MLL requirements here.
SETDA Guide to Digital Instructional Materials for New York
ISTE Standards for Educators
New to edWeb.net? Learn about everything we have to offer:
Last updated: October 2018
Though edWeb attempts to maintain accurate and up-to-date information, educators are individually responsible for understanding the submission and approval process of all professional development and licensing work in their state.