edWeb is now a NYC DOE approved vendor. Email [email protected] to learn more about the edWeb Premium School/District Membership for NYC public schools.
Can I use edWeb for PD hours in New York?
Yes! edWeb.net is approved by the NYSED Office of Teaching Initiatives for CTLE hours for Professional Classroom Teachers, School Leaders and Level III Teaching Assistants. All edWebinars that are viewed beginning on/after our approval date (September 11, 2017) are accepted for CTLE hours. Our Sponsor Identification Number is 23468.
How can I use edWeb for CTLE hours in New York?
- You must be a member of edWeb.net and be sure your state is indicated as NY. edWeb is free and you can join at www.edWeb.net/join.
- You can track your edWebinar viewing, and take the CTLE Quiz, on your edWebinar transcript page.
- You must pass the CTLE quiz that is posted on your edWebinar transcript page for your hours to be accepted for CTLE credit.
- Be sure you are registered on the New York TEACH website as NYSED will only accept CTLE hours that have been earned after you register.
- You will need to enter your birthdate on your edWebinar transcript page.
- For questions about your specific (CTLE) requirements, click here or contact NYSED at [email protected].
How do I submit or get credit for my hours from NYSED?
- If you are required to show proof of your CTLE hours in order to renew your certificate, you must email copies of your certificates directly to NYSED. CTLE hours are not able to be uploaded to the NYSED TEACH system at this time. For detailed information about this process, click here.
- Where can I learn more about Language Acquisition (ELL/ESOL/MLL) requirements? Click here.
- Why does my CTLE certificate not include my social security number? For privacy reasons, edWeb does not ask for social security numbers and NYSED is not requiring that we provide it.
- Why does my CTLE certificate include my birth month and date, but not my birth year? For privacy reasons, edWeb does not collect birthdate/year and NYSED is not requiring that we provide it.
How do I request a time extension of a provision, initial, or transitional certificate?
- For information on requesting a time extension from the NYSED OTI, click here.
Department of Education
Last updated: February 2023
Though edWeb attempts to maintain accurate and up-to-date information, educators are individually responsible for understanding the submission and approval process of all professional development and licensing work in their state.