Leave No Child Offline and Leave No Teacher Behind: Why Equity and Access to Digital Tools, Tech-Savvy Teachers, and the Internet are Important to the Future of Our Nation
Monday, July 24, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Presented by Dr. Darryl Adams, recently retired Superintendent of Coachella Valley School District, CA, Thought Leader, and Technology Evangelist
Sponsored by Achieve3000
If you attend the live session, you’ll be emailed a CE certificate within 24 hours of the edWebinar. If you view the recording and would like a CE certificate, join the Differentiating Instruction with Educational Technology community and go to the edWebinar Archives folder to take the CE quiz.
Digital equity and access in the 21st century are crucial to students being able to compete on a global level. There are few places in society where technology is not utilized or playing an important role. In this edWebinar, Dr. Darryl Adams will address the following questions with audience participation:
- What resources does your organization need to ensure that digital equity and access is affordable to those you serve?
- What are the “Why, How and When” of digital conversion for all?
- How does the new ESSA legislation supporting digital equity and access impact the future of educational technology in light of the perceived policies of the new Trump administration?
- How should instructional and engagement practices change in order to incorporate personalized learning, blended learning, online learning and learning modalities not yet on the horizon?
- What does College, Career and Citizenship preparation look like in a digitized school environment and how to ensure that All means All?
- What does the future hold for digital equity and access for all; can we get this done in America?
- What does a tech-savvy teacher look like in the 21st century and what types of training ensures continuous improvement for teachers and students?
All K-12 educators and administrators are invited to this live, interactive session.
About the Presenter
Dr. Darryl Adams, recently retired Superintendent of Coachella Valley School District, CA, was recognized in 2014 by the U.S. Department of Education and the Obama White House as one of the Top 100 Innovative Superintendents in the Nation. President Obama praised Dr. Adams’ leadership and creativity and spoke to the importance of his “iPads for All” and “Wifi-on-Wheels” programs as being innovative ways in connecting students and families to educational opportunities. Under Dr. Adams leadership, Coachella Valley School District was the first in the nation to provide a mobile device (iPads) for every student from preschool through high school and the first in the world to ensure students 24/7 internet access by putting wifi routers on school buses by way of his Wifi-on-Wheels initiative. Dr. Adams has also led the way in educational technology and digital conversion, broadband infrastructure expansion for schools and homes and in developing teacher educational technology certification programs.
Dr. Adams has been named as one of the most influential voices in education by Tech & Learning Magazine and the Center for Digital Education has honored him as one of the Top 30 Technologists, Transformers & Trailblazers in the nation in digital conversion. Dr. Adams is the creator of the TLC Philosophy of (Trust, Love and Collaboration). His goal for education is to help make this a better world by inspiring everyone to participate in providing equity, equality and opportunity for all by ensuring that we “Leave No Child Offline and No Teacher Behind.” His impact as a creative motivational leader is second to none as he intertwines life stories, song and rap to edutain audiences everywhere. He is otherwise known as the Rock & Roll, Hip Hop & Soul Superintendent, Thought Leader and Technology Evangelist!
Join the Differentiating Instruction with Educational Technology community to network with educators, participate in online discussions, receive invitations to upcoming edWebinars, view past webinars, take a quiz to receive a CE certificate for a past edWebinar, and access free resources.
Achieve3000 reaches all students, PreK-12+, at their individual reading levels to accelerate their learning, improve high-stakes test performance, and prepare them for college and career success.