National Farm to School Network launches first-ever farm to school evaluation framework
Evaluation for Transformation is the first comprehensive resource that defines the full spectrum of outcomes farm to school can achieve across multiple sectors and offers guidelines and common language to measure and document those outcomes. For each of the four sectors highlighted in the document (public health, community economic development, education and environmental quality), the framework provides:
- a compilation of existing peer-reviewed research literature;
- stories from on-the-ground activities demonstrating outcomes in that sector;
- priority outcomes, indicators and measures vetted by contributors;
- examples of existing evaluation and implementation tools and resources;
- a flavor of cross-sectoral connection feasible through farm to school activities.
The framework was developed collaboratively with input from more than 300 practitioners and sector experts to ensure that it was relevant across sectors and across program sites.
Learn more about Evaluation for Transformation on the National Farm to School Network’s blog.