Can I use edWeb for PD hours in Massachusetts?
Yes! edWeb.net is an ESE-approved provider of professional development for Massachusetts educators in the content areas of Curriculum & Instruction and Leadership & Administration and ESL/SEI. The provider number for edWeb.net is F20170021. In order to use edWeb for PD hours:
- You must be a member of edWeb.net and be sure your state is indicated as MA. edWeb is free and you can join at www.edWeb.net/join.
- You can track your edWebinar viewing, and take the CE Quiz, on your edWebinar transcript page.
- You must pass the CE quiz that is posted on your edWebinar transcript page for your hours to be accepted for PD Points.
- You must earn a minimum of 10 hours (for 10 edWebinars) in 5 years for them to count towards primary renewal.
- All edWebinars (live and recorded) that are viewed beginning on our approval date (1/8/2018) are accepted for PD Points.
How can Massachusetts teachers use edWeb.net to renew their license?
You can use edWeb to satisfy your MA renewal requirements for the required 15 hours in content (subject matter knowledge), pedagogy (professional skills and knowledge), Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) or English as a Second Language (ESL), and towards the additional 90 hours in “other educational issues and topics that improve student learning, or additional content, and/or pedagogy.” edWeb.net may be used to complete a portion of the required PDP hours required by the state. The DESE recommends teachers participate in multiple types of professional learning activities in order to meet their renewal requirements.
How do I submit my PDPs to the state?
Educators are not required to submit verification of their earned PDPs for the renewal of one or more professional licenses, unless their license renewal application is selected for a random audit by the DESE. If selected, the licensee is required to submit all documentation to verify the PDPs he/she has earned to meet the license renewal requirements. Educators are required to maintain documentation of their PDPs within 5 years, after renewing their professional license(s).
For specific renewal information, please visit Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website, MADESE FAQ page, or call (781) 338-3000.
Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
Last updated: April 2022
Though edWeb attempts to maintain accurate and up-to-date information, educators are individually responsible for understanding the submission and approval process of all professional development and licensing work in their state.