Create & Share – Calling Young Authors Everywhere
The Common Core is creating greater pressure on developing individualized education programs (IEPs) to ensure that goals have measurable objectives that are aligned to the Common Core, and address evidence-based practices and interventions for students with IEPs.
In this edWeb.net webinar presented by the Creating Multimedia Stories for Learning, viewers learned how students of all ability levels can feel success and confidence as they design and create books that align with the Common Core State Standards. Attendees saw how technology transforms special education and inclusion classroom instruction by enhancing individual learning opportunities and enabling greater flexibility and personalization.
We joined Theresa McDonnell on a tour of her second grade inclusion class and learn how Shutterfly’s free Photo Story App enriched her writing curriculum, and inspired second graders to unwrap the gift of becoming authors! Photo Story not only leveled the playing field for all students to feel success in writing no matter their ability level, but the app is also exceptionally user-friendly for you to implement into your everyday lessons!
- An overview of how a second grade inclusion class transformed their Common Core nonfiction research writing unit into published books.
- Strategies for integrating digital writing into your writing curriculum while covering the CCSS.
- A suggested timeline for writing and creating books with your students.
- The essentials for guided instruction throughout the process and best practices.
- The advantages that Shutterfly’s free Photo Story App provides for diverse learners, specifically students with learning disabilities.
- Tips for throwing a writer’s celebration that students will never forget.
With Theresa attendees learned how a classroom of diverse learners can become authors of books and express their writing in a creative and interactive way. Theresa fielded questions from attendees during this interactive session.
Earn your CE Certificate for viewing this recording: Join the free Creating Multimedia Stories for Learning community on edWeb.net and take a quiz to receive a CE Certificate for viewing this webinar. Past webinars, presentation slides, and CE quizzes are available in the Webinar Archives folder of the Community Toolbox.
Creating Multimedia Stories for Learning is a professional learning community (PLC) promoting a learning environment and multimedia tools to help each student discover his/her voice and share individual stories. Members can share & discover creative and innovative ways for their students to demonstrate and document their knowledge through designing and publishing their stories. This program is sponsored by Shutterfly.
Follow us on Twitter @edWebnet to learn about upcoming webinars and special events!